I’ve been on a minor blogging hiatus for the second half of August as my day job starts up again. My “vacation” from blogging has made me think about something, though:
Do you ever take a vacation from online dating?
Is there a point where you say to yourself, “My life is too crazy right now, let me just hide my profile“?
Or do you just let things slide for a month or so while keeping the profile active?
Taking A Break – The Cons
- You’re taking yourself off the market. You may miss “the one”!
- No dates, at least from your online dating profile.
- Sometimes you need a date to keep your sanity when things get crazy.
- If you’re paying for the service – it’s a waste of money to hide your profile!
Taking A Break – The Pros
- If you’re too busy with work (or other life-threatening activities), you’re probably too busy to be in the right frame of mind for starting a relationship.
- It’s good to take something off your plate once in a while so you have the energy to regroup and focus on your goals.
- It’s good to step away for a while and come back with a fresh set of eyes. You may come back with a different attitude that enables you to see something different in a profile you’d once skimmed over… or she may have freshened up her profile or posted a different picture, causing you to give her a second glance!
What do you think? Is it better to pull yourself out of the game 100% if your life is hectic or better to check into your profile sporadically?