I can’t believe it’s been a whole year already! Just a bit past Valentine’s Day 2008, I fired up a Blogger account with big dreams and flew by the seat of my pants.
(Flying by the seat of my pants is pretty much my M.O. for life in general.)
It’s been a wild ride!
I hope you don’t mind as I take a stroll down memory lane…
My First Post:
My Favorite Posts from Geek Love:
- Top Ten Reasons to Date a Geek Girl
- The Great Dates in 50 States Series (growing every day!)
- The Hilarity of The Craigslist Experiment
- …the freshen up series!
My Favorite Posts from Geek Life:
- Are Your Instant Messaging Buddies in the Monster Manual?
- A Musician’s Guide to Alternative Uses for Polyhedral Dice
- Comment Fest: What Are Your Running Gags and Inside Jokes? and the follow-up, A Goat, Some Rope, and Some Beer.
- DMing is Like Teaching: How Skilled Are You?
My Favorite Graphic (tie):
Site stats start on April 10, 2008, when I finally got on board with Google Analytics. But seriously, I think maybe I had 50 visits in the first two months, so it’s okay!
- Total Unique Visitors – 68,981
- Page Views – 215,637
- Max RSS Feed Subscribers: 196 (sooo close to my goal of 200!)
- Average Time on Site – 2:20
- Average Pages Per Visit – 2.36
- Best Ever Traffic Day – 1792 visits on May 13, 2008 after my dice article was featured on BoingBoing. The post was featured on the 10th, but the 13th saw a giant StumbleUpon wave as a result. (Thanks to Amy at GeekParenting for submitting me!)
- Favorite Insult - New bloggers, get ready for the insults. Get ready to LAUGH. Here’s my all-time favorite insult, from the comments of the BoingBoing article:
Autism spectrum disorders? Seriously? Well, he must be serious; his handle is UrinalPooper after all.
- Number of Posts: 385
- Most Popular Post - Dinner and A Movie? Yawn. First Date Ideas That Are Different – This page still gets daily StumbleUpon love.
- Top 3 US States: California, New York, Florida
- Honorable Mention US State: Texas
- Top 3 Foreign Countries: Canada, UK, Australia
- Top 5 Referring Sites: StumbleUpon, RPGBloggers, ENWorld, Google, ChattyDM
- Referring Site Honorable Mention: DungeonMastering
To All My Readers, Clients, and Colleagues:
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
When I set out on this adventure, I never imagined the amazing people I would meet along the way. I could go on for pages about the great bloggers who inspire me, the web techies who keep my site running and looking great, the readers who are my loyal audience, my clients who look to me for advice and guidance… you are all amazing in your own way and I am grateful to have you in my life.
Here’s to another successful year of life and love through the eyes of a geek girl! Don’t forget to visit me over at Examiner.com too!