Congratulations to Twitter user @geck0man for winning the $25 Gift Card to the Outback Steakhouse.
I rolled the giant d53 at random.org and @geckoman’s number was the lucky winner!
See? I told ya you could win with just a Re-Tweet!
Enjoy your steak and Bloomin’ Onion, @geck0man.
For the rest of you losers, I still love you, so I’m going to give you the super secret Outback recipe for Crab Stuffed Shrimp.
Crab Stuffed Shrimp
1/4 lb butter
1/4 lb diced onion
1/4 lb diced celery
1 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
2 T sliced green onions
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp white pepper
1 c bread crumbs
1/4 lb lump crab meat
- Place saute pan over medium heat. Place butter in pan and allow to melt.
- Place onions, celery, garlic, green onions, and seasonings in pan and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Place mixture into a blender and blend for 20 seconds. Caution: Mixture will be HOT.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl adding bread crumbs and drained crab meat. Fold in with a spatula until blended.
Lemon Pepper Butter:
1/2 c water
2 T flour
1 1/2 T lemon juice
1/2 lb butter
1 tsp lemon pepper spice
- Combine water, lemon juice, flour and seasonings in a sauce pan.
- Over high flame, whisk until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Slowly add softened butter in small amounts until all is blended.
- Butterfly shrimp.
- Place flour in a container and toss shrimp until completely coated.
- Deep fry shrimp at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Place 1 T of hot stuffing onto each cooked shrimp.
- Drizzle 1 T of Lemon Pepper Butter over each shrimp.
Serve and enjoy!!
Too lazy to do all that?
Go to the Outback and have them cook it for you!