I twittered a couple easy crockpot chicken recipes last week and thought gee, it might be nice to share some of my cooking adventures with the rest of my readers!
Before you run away screaming, “I can’t cook,” let me admit here that all of my “cooking” involves things with very few ingredients and a minimal amount of mathematics and/or knives. (I failed cutting in kindergarten.)
Chicken & Veggie Chili Soup
- chicken breasts (2-3, can be frozen or thawed)
- 1 package taco or chili seasoning (mild, med, or hot)
- 1 small jar salsa (again, your choice of heat)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can corn
- 2-3 cans of diced and/or stewed tomatoes (I use the Mexican blend)
- 1 package of pre-chopped veggie mix (onions, bell peppers)
- any other vegetables you want to add
Everything goes in the crockpot. Chicken first, then seasonings, salsa, and then beans & veggies. Stick it all on low for 4-6 hours and you have awesome soup!
By the way, you can skip the veggies and beans and just do the chicken, seasonings, and salsa. It is totally tasty! Beware, if you use hot chili seasoning and hot salsa, it’ll be super hot. It’s not for the wimpy! Those who enjoy atomic-heat can add crushed red peppers to the mix.