Oh hai there, Dungeons & Dragons fanatics!
I’ll be traveling to Ft. Wayne, Indiana for Dungeons & Dragons Experience (DDXP) from Thursday 1/28 – Sunday 1/31/2010.
Unlike GenCon, where I had a ton of things planned and actual appearances at various events, DDXP is a little less scheduled for me.
DaveTheGame and I aren’t LFR players, and the idea of being level 1 n00bs all weekend just didn’t appeal to us, so we’ll be poking our heads into various other things, catching up with old friends, meeting new ones, and probably drinking a good amount of adult beverages.
Here are some tips on finding me at DDXP:
- Check Twitter. I’ll most likely be tweeting up a storm about what I’m doing, and where, and with whom.
- I’m working on getting #fit4gencon, so the skinny girls? Not me.
- I’ll be wearing my avatar on the front of my shirt. (Yep, I have 4 shirts with my avatar on them!)
- My hair is short, brown, and has a pinkish-purple stripe in it.
- If it’s chilly, I’ll have my favorite scarf with me.
- I’ll be wearing my awesome boots that are made for walkin’.
My Con Project: Worst. Date. Ever.
I started thinking about the kind of things I could do at conventions this year that would be fun, funny, and involve as many geeks as possible.
I’ve decided it would be fun to do a mini-podcast of stories of horrible dates, told by the geeks who experienced them. I’m hoping to get some big names in the industry to share their embarrassing stories, but I’d also like to hear from all the geeks on the street!
And by street, I mean, convention.
Check my convention schedule for 2010. If you’re at a con and want to share about your worst date ever, get in touch with me via Twitter and I’ll come record your tale of woe for the amusement of geeks everywhere. We’ve all had a date we remember for all the wrong reasons – make it live forever on the internet!