Happy Blogiversary to Geek’s Dream Girl!
Just a bit past Valentine’s Day 2008, I fired up a Blogger account with big dreams and flew by the seat of my pants. (Flying by the seat of my pants is pretty much my M.O. for life in general.)
Please indulge us as we take a look back…
The Post That Started It All:
E’s Favorite Posts from Geek Love:
- Geek’s Guide to Success in Online Dating (not a post, but a guide to all our Geek Love materials organized by subject)
- The Great Dates in 50 States Series (growing every day!)
- Ladies, Stop Making Dating Like American Idol
- The Date Keith Baker adventure (page is down since the man behind Eberron now has a lady friend!)
- What Las Vegas Can Teach You About Online Dating
- Does “Curvy” Mean She’s Fat?
J’s Favorite Posts from Geek Life:
- TV That Molded a Geek: The X-Files
- Wesley Crusher, Inadvertently Responsible for the Bloomin’ Onion
- j’s Soapbox: You Can’t Be Successful If You’re Self-Loathing, Syfy
- Short Stories: Do They Make The Best Movies?
E’s Favorite Posts from Dungeons & Dragons:
- LiveBlogging: Dungeons & Dragons Experience 2010 (DDXP)
- The D&D Astrology Series (guest posts by Ryven Cedrylle)
- Excuse Me, Miss. Didn’t I See You In The Monster Manual 2?
- Top Five Reasons Why Dungeons & Dragons Will Help You Survive the Recession
- Are You Working With The Undead? (Open Grave: D&D 4e Supplement)
E’s Favorite Graphic (tie):
My horrible Photoshop skills are getting better. My favorite graphics are from the same post wishing happy birthday to J and Yax of DungeonMastering.
When I moved the site from BlueHost to WPBlogHost, I forgot to re-activate the Google Analytics, so I’m missing about a month of stats. Oops! So these stats are kinda guesstimated based on recent traffic (and leaning on the modest side!):
- Total Unique Visitors - 200k+
- Page Views - 600k+
- Max RSS Feed Subscribers – 305
- Average Time on Site - 2:08 (gee, thanks StumbleUpon!!) ;p
- Average Pages Per Visit - 2.19
- Best Ever Traffic Day - 12/8/2009 – StumbleUpon sent nearly 3000 views to my Dungeons & Dragons Erotica post.
- Favorite Insult - Definitely the time some fine folks on RPGnet compared me to an escort service. That was libel-licious.
- Number of Posts – 667 (neighbor of the beast!)
- Most Popular Post of All Time – Dinner and a Movie? Yawn. First Date Ideas That Are Different!
- Most Popular Post of 2009 – Dungeons & Dragons Erotica
- Top 3 US States – California, New York, Texas
- Top 3 Foreign Countries – Canada, UK, Australia
- Top 3 Canadian Cities – Ottawa, Edmonton, Vancouver (honorable mention to Calgary – you all ALMOST beat Vancouver!)
- Top 5 Referring Sites (not counting search engines) – StumbleUpon, Twitter, Critical-Hits, RPGBloggers, EnWorld
- Most frequent:
- variations on Geek’s Dream Girl
- geek dating
- Shelly Mazzanoble (mwah ha ha!)
- D&D Tiny Adventures
- geek girls
- dating profile help
- good usernames / fun usernames
- sleeping whore
- bad whore
- dnd sex bondage 4e
- the goat and chicken sex joke
- e foley geek’s dream girl what does she looks like
- geek’s dream girl ugly boyfriend
- my girlfriend gave me harpies
To All Our Readers, Clients, and Colleagues:
Thank you, thank you, thank you. We do this because of all of you amazing folks that keep us company here on the blog, on our Twitter (e & j) accounts, on Facebook, and via email and chat. We appreciate the time you spend with us every day and wish you the best as we all voyage into The Future together!