UPDATE (4/22/10): The hiring window is CLOSED. We have nearly 100 candidates to consider and we’re pretty sure the perfect ones are in there!
Geek’s Dream Girl is hiring article writers for both the Geek Life and Geek Love sections of our website. Since being hired as the full-time copywriter at ThinkGeek, I just haven’t had the time to dedicate to writing blog posts. I also know there are lots of geek girls out there with a lot to contribute who need a platform to do so. Seems win-win that we pair up, yes?
Here’s what you need to know:
- Established in February 2008
- Between 12-15k unique visitors each month (per Google Analytics)
- Written by geek girls (E, J, and sometimes-Y) with occasional guest posts
- Focused on topics of dating & relationships, online dating, geek news, culture, and gaming
- Our Business: Online dating profile writing for geeks, by geeks
(We are not hiring online dating profile writers or coaches at this time. The lovely J and I are taking care of that just fine on our own… so far!)
- Geek girl, age 18+ (one exception, see below)
- An awesome writer, even if you’re not published anywhere yet
- Interested in one (or any!) of the following:
- Writing articles about topics important to other geeks, especially if said topics are not already covered by one of our current writers (otaku, cosplay, board gaming, technology & gadgets, comic books, RPGs other than D&D, etc).
- Writing articles about dating and relationships (bonus points if your degree or pending degree is in a related field!)
- Writing articles about dating from the viewpoint of the homosexual geek (for this, you’d obviously have to BE a homosexual geek.) – This is the only area where we’d take a male writer. GAY GEEK GUYS – we want you!
- Can write 1 post per week, approximately 500-700 words
- Would like to be a paid writer on the intarwebz
- Not a diva, attention whore, or shit-stirrer. That’s just not our vibe.
- Send an email to both e AT geeksdreamgirl DOT com and j AT geeksdreamgirl DOT com.
- Tell us a bit about yourself, your writing experience (again, don’t worry if you’re not published anywhere yet!), and the types of articles you’d love to write.
- Pitch us ideas for 3 different articles. Give us a title and short synopsis.
If we’re interested in you, we will contact you to ask for a sample article. This article will remain 100% yours, unless we hire you, in which case it’ll count as your first official article on Geek’s Dream Girl! Compensation will be discussed privately with the candidate or candidates we choose.
Questions? Ask ‘em below. Don’t be shy.