Back in April, we put out an all-call for geek girl writers to join the team at Geek’s Dream Girl. Little did we expect nearly 100 applications to come flooding in from geeky ladies of all stripes! (Oh, and a few dudes.)
We narrowed the field down to the 34 we liked best and asked them for sample articles that they thought would fit our site. Then came the long deliberations. Oh, and mono. Seriously, we would have hired people a month ago if I didn’t come down with stupid mono.
ANYHOO! While we would have loved to hire all 34 of the round 2 folks, we had a budget to consider and narrowed it down to the top 6. You’ll be seeing new blood on the blog starting as early as Thursday.
Here’s a sneak peek at our new hires:
- c – Also known around web as Ariel Manx, Connie will be our Thursday girl. She’ll be writing about many aspects of geek life, including tabletop RPGs, sci-fi books, and geeky crafts.
- d -Denise will be joining us twice a month on Mondays. One Monday will be dedicated to topics in the LGBT geek community and gay dating, and the other Monday will delve into comic books and graphic novels.
- GGG - Andy is our Gay Guy Geek (or is it Gay Geek Guy? We’ll let him figure it out.). He’ll be joining us once a month to cover topics that we girls just shouldn’t attempt on our own. *grin*
- JLB – Perhaps you’ve heard of Jennifer Brozek? Her name is in quite a few RPG books! She’ll have a monthly column about writing for the RPG industry.
- m - Michelle will be joining us twice a month on Mondays. We were excited to learn that she has worked in the anime industry in script adaptation and subtitling. She’ll be covering anime and manga for us and filling a giant gap (since neither J nor I are particularly fluent in that flavor of geekery).
- z – And because J and I aren’t getting any younger (and she’s got some cool ideas!), the talented and youthful z will be posting weekly on Saturdays covering all sorts of geeky topics.
And just in case you’ve forgotten…
Here’s our regular crew:
- e – Bringing you Geek Love (whenever the inspiration strikes!), D&D (mostly Tuesdays!), and Anon-O-Box Fridays. Oh, and writing your online dating profile.
- j – To get you through Hump Day, J will be delivering a dose of geekery every Wednesday. She also dips her hand into the Anon-O-Box on occasion. Also happy to write your online dating profile!
- (sometimes) y – Y’s busy with school and work at the moment, but promises to come back soon and fill your minds with all sorts of sexy things.
- Ryven – Our resident astrologer will bring your Geek Horoscope on the last Monday of every month.
Welcome, new folks!
We’re so excited about our new hires and really hope you’ll enjoy their posts. Keep your eyes peeled for our newbies’ first articles – they’re coming soon!