You’ve probably seen the #fit4gencon movement if you follow geeky folks on Twitter. We use it when we’re talking about our healthstyle – eating better, working out, etc.
But there were folks who felt left out.
They said, “I don’t/can’t go to GenCon, but I want to be a part of this super cool idea!”
The +5 CHA Community!
Check out our (very) new digs at plus5CHA, where we have our very own, 100% private members-only forum for geeks looking to get fit.
+5CHA is for you if…
- You’re looking for like-minded, geeky friends
- You want support in reaching your fitness or weight loss goals
- You’re a squishy geek looking to get less squishy
- You’re a scrawny geek looking to get buff
- You want to set goals with other geeks who go to the same conventions as you
- You’re an expert or professional in food/nutrition/exercise/etc and want to help out!
+5CHA is NOT for you if…
- You’re not interested in getting fit
- Your idea of a “geek forum” involves flaming, edition wars, or other idiocy. Our mods will have a zero tolerance policy for such posts. We want to keep a friendly and supportive atmosphere at all times, and besides, there are plenty of other places on the internet where you can “express your opinions” on hot topics.
Choose your own hashtags when talking about your healthstyle and/or fitness goals or if you want to share a post on the forum with fellow members you know on Twitter.
- #fit4gencon - for those working on goals for GenCon 2011
- #plus5CHA - to connect with everyone in the +5 CHA community
- #fit4_____ - insert your con of choice!
E on Fear The Boot
Chris of Fear The Boot interviewed me at GenCon just after the Fit4GenCon event was over. (I was super nervous – I don’t generally do video! Eek!) Should you want to check it out, you can watch it here.
We Want You!
A forum is only as good as its members, so we want you! Come on in and chat with us. Bring your geeky friends.
Also, if you’re experienced with phpbb either as a forum administrator or mod, I’d love to pick your brain. I’m new to forum administration and could use some pointers on how to make +5CHA the best geeky fitness forum on the web!