Happy Birthday to Me!
Happy Birthday to Me!
I don’t need any presents,
But if you’re at Origins, come see me!
E at Origins, June 22 – 26
I can’t seem to do anything half-heartedly, so here are the hats I’ll be wearing while at Origins, in no particular order:
Hat 1: Member of the Press
I’ll be covering Origins as part of the press again this year (my 3rd year!) and am excited to share all the fun and exciting things happening in Columbus, Ohio with those of you stuck at home.
Hat 2: ThinkGeek Convention Schmoozer Monkey
I’m also the official Convention Schmoozer Monkey for ThinkGeek. (Yep, I work there.) I’ll have Timmy the Monkey with me and we’ll be handing out all sorts of freebies. (For those who have caught me at other cons – these are DIFFERENT FREEBIES than ones you may have gotten in the past. Ooooh, new & shiny!) So don’t be shy – if you see us, come on over and shake Timmy’s hand. I’ll be happy to chat with you and answer questions if you’d like to pick my brain about ThinkGeek. And yes, we are hiring.
Hat 3: Geek’s Dream Girl & +5CHA Event Organizer
Here are my events:
- Friday @ 5 pm (C224) – Geek’s Guide to Dating Success Seminar – No ticket required - A quick and fun tips & tricks session for geeks looking to succeed at online dating. I’ll also be raffling off a coupon code for a free copy of my ebook: You Geek, They Grok: A Geek’s Guide to Leveling Up Your Online Dating Game.
- Friday @ 7 pm (Terrace Ballroom 4) - Speed Dating, ages 30+ – Tickets required – Meet up to 20 geek singles ages 30+ and chat about your geeky interests. You’re both at Origins, after all, you have that in common! Check YES or NO for each match, and at the end of the evening, we’ll email you your mutual matches. We had a love connection at GenCon last year – let’s have some at Origins!
- Friday @ 10 pm (Terrace Ballroom 4) - Speed Dating, ages 21-35 - Tickets required – Meet up to 20 geek singles ages 21-35 and chat about your geeky interests. You’re both at Origins, after all, you have that in common! Check YES or NO for each match, and at the end of the evening, we’ll email you your mutual matches. We had a love connection at GenCon last year – let’s have some at Origins! (Yes, if you’re 30-35, you can pick one or both sessions!)
- Saturday @ 7 pm (Hyatt BBon2) – +5 CHA Meetup & Welcome Session – No ticket required - If you’re a geek that wants to lose weight, gain muscle, or just eat healthier, you should join our awesome community at Plus5CHA.com. We’re having a little meetup at Origins. The schedule says 3 hours. Um, it probably won’t go that long. So please come at 7. I’ll do a short introduction about the forum and then we’re basically going to hang out and chat with each other. Ooh – and I have a VERY SPECIAL BADGE RIBBON for anyone who attends.
Finding Me At Other Times
The best way to track me is to follow me on Twitter (@geeksdreamgirl). You don’t even have to have a Twitter account to do this, you can just load up the website and read my tweets.
When I’m not doing events or in the exhibit hall, I’m often found in these locations:
- The Big Experiment (Looney Labs)
- Dungeons & Dragons / Wizards of the Coast
- North Market (eating Jeni’s ice cream)
As I said before, don’t be shy! I’m the fat-tastic bespectacled gal with the brown & pink hair, carrying a stuffed monkey.