Happy New Year!
Every month in 2012, I’ll be delivering some tips, questions, and writing prompts that you can use to freshen up your dating profile and have you looking your best for the love of your life (or the love of the month, if you roll that way).
Big Tips For Every Dating Profile
Start with a bang! Folks on the internet are in a hurry and like to have things delivered to their eyes as quickly as possible, otherwise, they move on. If your first sentence or two isn’t gripping, they’re going to slip away to the next profile.
Have an interchangeable section of your profile. If this happens to be the beginning of your profile, even better. Have parts of your profile that you can delete and replace with other information. This is where you can freshen up your profile for the month by shooting in some new words that will catch the eye of someone new.
Three Questions for January
Looking for inspiration to freshen up your profile so it says, “I’ve updated this recently”? Here you go!
- What excites you about starting a new year?
- Do you have any New Year traditions? [You can do the failed resolutions angle if you make it funny, not depressing.]
- What was your favorite memory of the holidays?
Three Writing Prompts
Starting a new profile or re-writing yours? Here are some questions that might get your creative juices flowing.
- What never fails to make you smile? Is it a person, an animal, a writer, a piece of music? Describe what it’s like when you’re around this person/animal/thing.
- Everyone wants to change the world. Are you more likely to do this through volunteering your time or donating your money?
- When was the last time that you had so much fun that you lost track of time? What were you doing?
Happy Dating, Geek Friends!
Remember that I’m here for you if you need any help with your dating profile.