Every month in 2012, I’ll be delivering some tips, questions, and writing prompts that you can use to freshen up your dating profile and have you looking your best for the love of your life (or the love of the month, if you roll that way).
Big Tips For Every Dating Profile
Start with a bang! Folks on the internet are in a hurry and like to have things delivered to their eyes as quickly as possible, otherwise, they move on. If your first sentence or two isn’t gripping, they’re going to slip away to the next profile.
Have an interchangeable section of your profile. If this happens to be the beginning of your profile, even better. Have parts of your profile that you can delete and replace with other information. This is where you can freshen up your profile for the month by shooting in some new words that will catch the eye of someone new.
Don’t worry about Valentine’s Day. Every single person knows that 2/14 is coming, so don’t stress about it or mention it.
A Tip for Those in New Relationships on Valentine’s Day
If you end up on a first date around V-Day, bringing a single rose is a nice gesture. Go for pink, which is generally considered to be less serious-romance than red. Or if your date has a sweet tooth, a small box of chocolates would also be cool. Sappy cards are right out.
If you’re in a new relationship (under a month), think about where you stand. If you’re in contact constantly and all lovey-dovey, then go for the traditional gift and sappy card. If you’re only seeing each other once a week or you’re not exclusive, a smaller gift is more appropriate.
Three Questions for February
Looking for inspiration to freshen up your profile so it says, “I’ve updated this recently”? Here you go!
- What do you love about Winter? Do you love warm wool sweaters, playing in the snow with your kids or dogs, going skiing, or just having an excuse to drink more hot cocoa?
- What’s your favorite way to spend a snow day?
- What are your plans for the leap year? (Hey, it’s a whole extra day!)
Three Writing Prompts
Starting a new profile or re-writing yours? Here are some questions that might get your creative juices flowing.
- What’s the biggest leap of faith you made that was totally worth it?
- If you could take a weekend class to learn something new, what would it be?
- What scent reminds you of home? (Either your childhood home or current home.)
Happy Dating, Geek Friends!
Remember that I’m here for you if you need any help with your dating profile.