Happy April! (How are your April showers?)
Every month in 2012, I’m delivering tips, questions, and writing prompts to freshen up your dating profile and have you looking your best for the love of your life (or the love of the month, if you roll that way).
Big Tips For Every Dating Profile
Start with a bang! Folks on the internet are in a hurry and like to have things delivered to their eyes as quickly as possible, otherwise, they move on. If your first sentence or two isn’t gripping, they’re going to slip away to the next profile.
Have an interchangeable section of your profile. If this happens to be the beginning of your profile, even better. Have parts of your profile that you can delete and replace with other information. This is where you can freshen up your profile for the month by shooting in some new words that will catch the eye of someone new.
Three Questions for April
Looking for inspiration to freshen up your profile so it says, “I’ve updated this recently”? Here you go!
- Earth Day is coming up. How environmentally conscious are you? What do you do to help preserve our planet?
- April showers are here. What’s your favorite part about a rainy day? If you’re a daily exerciser, does the rain stop you or do you come back from your daily run soaked to the bone?
- What was the best Spring Break you ever had? What did you do? Who were you with?
Three Writing Prompts
Starting a new profile or re-writing yours? Here are some questions that might get your creative juices flowing.
- If you had to survive for a month on a particular type of ethnic food, what would it be and why?
- If you could give a TED talk, what would be the subject?
- What is the most valuable thing you own — but not because of its monetary value? Why is it so valuable to you?
Happy Dating, Geek Friends!
Remember that I’m here for you if you need any help with your dating profile.