Every month in 2012, I’m delivering tips, questions, and writing prompts to freshen up your dating profile and have you looking your best for the love of your life (or the love of the month, if you roll that way).
Big Tips For Every Dating Profile
Start with a bang! Folks on the internet are in a hurry and like to have things delivered to their eyes as quickly as possible, otherwise, they move on. If your first sentence or two isn’t gripping, they’re going to slip away to the next profile.
Have an interchangeable section of your profile. If this happens to be the beginning of your profile, even better. Have parts of your profile that you can delete and replace with other information. This is where you can freshen up your profile for the month by shooting in some new words that will catch the eye of someone new.
Three Questions for July
Looking for inspiration to freshen up your profile so it says, “I’ve updated this recently”? Here you go!
- What does being patriotic mean to you? How are you celebrating the 4th of July?
- It’s hot, hot, hot out! What’s your favorite way to beat the summer heat?
- What’s something you’ve wanted to do this summer, but haven’t yet?
Three Writing Prompts
Starting a new profile or re-writing yours? Here are some questions that might get your creative juices flowing.
- Are there any trips that you make every year? Which trips do you look forward to the most? Why?
- What’s something you’re embarrassed to admit it took you this long to figure out how to do? (This one is especially good if it’s a funny story – did you accidentally make cookies with your roommate’s powdered sugar instead of flour?)
- Do you prefer to cook or eat other people’s cooking? Where do you love to eat?
Happy Dating, Geek Friends!
Remember that I’m here for you if you need any help with your dating profile.