Every month in 2012, I’m delivering tips, questions, and writing prompts to freshen up your dating profile and have you looking your best for the love of your life (or the love of the month, if you roll that way).
Big Tips For Every Dating Profile
Start with a bang! Folks on the internet are in a hurry and like to have things delivered to their eyes as quickly as possible, otherwise, they move on. If your first sentence or two isn’t gripping, they’re going to slip away to the next profile.
Have an interchangeable section of your profile. If this happens to be the beginning of your profile, even better. Have parts of your profile that you can delete and replace with other information. This is where you can freshen up your profile for the month by shooting in some new words that will catch the eye of someone new.
Three Questions for August
Looking for inspiration to freshen up your profile so it says, “I’ve updated this recently”? Here you go!
- What geek conventions do you attend? What is your favorite part about attending conventions?
- How do you feel when you see “Back to School” advertisements? How did you feel about them when you were school aged?
- On a day at the beach, would you be found sunning, reading, walking, running, or swimming?
Three Writing Prompts
Starting a new profile or re-writing yours? Here are some questions that might get your creative juices flowing.
- What is something that other people hate doing that you enjoy? (Ex. Changing your own oil, bathing the dog, mowing the lawn, haggling with a used car salesman)
- How are your New Year’s resolutions progressing? Have you been keeping up with them? (This one is probably best only included in your profile if the answer is YES.)
- What is a travel destination that is on your bucket list? Why do you want to go there?
Happy Dating, Geek Friends!
Remember that I’m here for you if you need any help with your dating profile.