Every month in 2012, I’m delivering tips, questions, and writing prompts to freshen up your dating profile and have you looking your best for the love of your life (or the love of the month, if you roll that way).
Big Tips For Every Dating Profile
Start with a bang! Folks on the internet are in a hurry and like to have things delivered to their eyes as quickly as possible, otherwise, they move on. If your first sentence or two isn’t gripping, they’re going to slip away to the next profile.
Have an interchangeable section of your profile. If this happens to be the beginning of your profile, even better. Have parts of your profile that you can delete and replace with other information. This is where you can freshen up your profile for the month by shooting in some new words that will catch the eye of someone new.
Three Questions for September
Looking for inspiration to freshen up your profile so it says, “I’ve updated this recently”? Here you go!
- When you see the yellow school bus driving down your street, what memories does it trigger for you?
- Do you miss Summer or are you looking forward to the Fall?
- Would you like to go back to school? What degree would you like to pursue and why?
Three Writing Prompts
Starting a new profile or re-writing yours? Here are some questions that might get your creative juices flowing.
- What childhood hobby would you like to pick up again? What was so fun about it?
- Everyone likes a good game. Do you prefer yours to be board, card, tabletop, video, or computer-based? What makes a game FUN to you? Does it have to be competitive to be fun?
- What restaurants do you love to go to with coworkers for lunch? Do you have favorite haunts?
Happy Dating, Geek Friends!
Remember that I’m here for you if you need any help with your dating profile.