Every month in 2012, I’m delivering tips, questions, and writing prompts to freshen up your dating profile and have you looking your best for the love of your life (or the love of the month, if you roll that way).
Big Tips For Every Dating Profile
Start with a bang! Folks on the internet are in a hurry and like to have things delivered to their eyes as quickly as possible, otherwise, they move on. If your first sentence or two isn’t gripping, they’re going to slip away to the next profile.
Have an interchangeable section of your profile. If this happens to be the beginning of your profile, even better. Have parts of your profile that you can delete and replace with other information. This is where you can freshen up your profile for the month by shooting in some new words that will catch the eye of someone new.
Three Questions for October
Looking for inspiration to freshen up your profile so it says, “I’ve updated this recently”? Here you go!
- Do you dress up for Halloween, hand out candy to kids, or go out to a party? (All of the above?)
- What types of scary movie are your favorite: slasher/stalker, gore porn, paranormal, psych/suspense, action-thriller, zombie, etc?
- Are you any good at carving pumpkins or do you prefer eating them?
Three Writing Prompts
Starting a new profile or re-writing yours? Here are some questions that might get your creative juices flowing.
- How and what do you read? Do you still use your library card or do you purchase books? Do you prefer dead tree, e-reader, or audiobook? When do you find time to read?
- Is there a funny website that you can’t read at work because you laugh too hard? (Mine is DamnYouAutocorrect.)
- What secret projects do you have brewing your secret laboratory? Will the world ever see them?
Happy Dating, Geek Friends!
Remember that I’m here for you if you need any help with your dating profile.