Happy Halloween everybody!
Here’s my Cocker Spaniel, Titania, engaging in some Chell cosplay:
The Inspiration: Best Job Ever
One of the perks of working at ThinkGeek is knowing what new products are coming before the rest of the world does. I had a heads-up on the Mini Portal Gun long before it launched, and I knew I had to dress Titania like Chell for Halloween. Of course, she can’t actually use the Portal Gun, but it’s the perfect size, isn’t it?
The Process: Oh Yeah, I’m New at This
Commercial dog costumes are woefully lacking in orange pants, so I had to snag a pattern, buy a sewing machine, and sew the pants myself. The top is hacked from the Chell Tank Top, also from ThinkGeek.
I’m pretty proud of it, despite all the imperfections! It was my first time sewing anything that wasn’t square.
…and then, at ThinkGeek:
- ThinkGeek, best job ever! (What, you thought being a blogger paid the bills?)
- LizC, recommender of a sewing machine brand (Janome)
- Miss Daisy, pattern writer (Sugar Plums)
- Titania, for suffering through the indignity of trying on the design over and over again
- OBG Cocker Spaniel Rescue, for everything they do for dogs like Titania
New here? Welcome!
This is Geek’s Dream Girl, founded in 2008. We believe geeks are passionate, intelligent, and fun people and that every geek deserves to have a partner that supports their interests, even if they do not participate in them. If you’re looking for a partner in life and love, we want to help you find that person. Click to learn more about our services, read our free dating advice, or geek out with us about RPGs and more.