We’ve made it to the last installment of this series! Every month in 2012, I delivered tips, questions, and writing prompts to freshen up your dating profile and have you looking your best for the love of your life (or the love of the month, if you roll that way). Did they help you write a better profile? Did they help you snag a date? Let me know!
Big Tips For Every Dating Profile
Start with a bang! Folks on the internet are in a hurry and like to have things delivered to their eyes as quickly as possible, otherwise, they move on. If your first sentence or two isn’t gripping, they’re going to slip away to the next profile.
Have an interchangeable section of your profile. If this happens to be the beginning of your profile, even better. Have parts of your profile that you can delete and replace with other information. This is where you can freshen up your profile for the month by shooting in some new words that will catch the eye of someone new.
Three Questions for December
Looking for inspiration to freshen up your profile so it says, “I’ve updated this recently”? Here you go!
- [SPOILER ALERT] How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa? Did you fake believing after that?
- Looking back at 2012, how did it go? What did you accomplish this year?
- Looking forward to 2013, what are you hoping to have happen in the new year? (Assuming the world doesn’t end, of course!)
Three Writing Prompts
Starting a new profile or re-writing yours? Here are some questions that might get your creative juices flowing.
- What role do sports play in your life? Are you a player or a spectator? Do you get serious about watching every game for your favorite team? Do you have or would you like season tickets?
- If you could turn off your fear, what would you try doing? — If you’re a thrill junkie, what’s your favorite way to get a rush?
- What is something you wish you had the time to do every single day?
Happy Dating, Geek Friends!
Remember that I’m here for you if you need any help with your dating profile.