It’s time for another geek dating book and it’s going to be full of stories from YOU, the geeks who are out there in the wild seas of dating (or safely harbored in a relationship!).
The New Book
Castle Friend Zone: An Advice Module for Adventurers Seeking Geek Love will be the ultimate real-life advice book for the guy or girl who always ends up “just a friend.”
Questions it will answer:
- Why do I end up in the friend zone?
- How do I cope with rejection when I’m friend zoned?
- Is there a way to grow from friend zone to relationship or should I move on?
- What habits should I develop to be seen as boyfriend/girlfriend-material?
- How do I show someone I’m interested without jeopardizing the friendship?
- Can Friends with Benefits grow into a romantic relationship?
- …and more!
Other topics covered:
- “Nice guys” who really aren’t (and how to avoid being one)
- How to expand your circle of friends (or just plain START one!)
Who Can Submit?
- Anyone with a true story about escaping from the friend zone!
- You do not have to be a professional writer. That’s why we have professional editors!
- Geeks/Nerds/Intellectuals ages 18+
- Any gender or orientation: We want the full spectrum of geek love!
- Your piece should be between 200 – 800 words in length.
- NO FICTION. Your piece should be a true story that preferably happened to you. You may tell a friend’s story on their behalf with their permission. (We will verify that you were given permission so nobody’s privacy is invaded.)
- If you are still in a relationship the person who you wrote about, you may use their real first name if you wish. If the person is an ex (or they prefer to be anonymous), please use a fake name for him/her.
- Email your completed piece to e AT geeksdreamgirl DOT com with the subject line Submission: Castle FriendZone. No attachments, please: just put your piece in the body of the email.
- Include a short (3-5 sentence) biography (see mine at the bottom of this post for an idea of what to write).
- All submissions should be received by Friday, May 10, 2013.
- You will receive an email when your piece is received and another email in early June with the status of your submission. We are planning to publish between 10-15 pieces in Castle FriendZone.
- Accepted pieces will be paid at the rate of 4 cents per word. ($8 – $32)
- Payment for accepted pieces will be delivered via Paypal 30 days after the launch of the ebook on GeeksDreamGirl.com. (We’re aiming for publication before GenCon in mid-August since that’s fashionable in the geek industry!)
- If your submission is accepted, you will receive coupon codes for 2 free downloads of the ebook – one for yourself, and one to share with a single friend!